Dimension Translation has a huge resource service, which can help customers process subtitles quickly.
We recently received a short TAT subtitle from a customer.
Customer requirements are as follows:
TAT: 2 hours after receiving materials
Content: 30 minutes news in Chinese (Mandarin)
Frequency: Twice a day, 5 times a week
File package: Video and scripts will be provided (The script provided will be in pdf format and no time code. You have to time code and translate at the same time, like an origination task. The script will not be a complete script, more like a summary of the main titles of the news. It is easier to assume that you will have to work without the script or minimal reference, at least.)
Deliverables: Subtitle file in English, srt format
Difficulties of the project:
1. A normal day's subtitle workload for translators is 30-45 minutes per day. The 30-minute content needs to be completed within 2 hours. Usually, this is the workload of an interpreter in a day.
2. In an emergency, the video file of the client is too large, and it takes a lot of time to transmit the video file.
3. How to ensure the quality of subtitle translation and subtitle format delivery in such a short time.
How does Wetranstech do it?
1. Make full preparations for internal testing before the start of the formal project:
After receiving the customer's project task request, we contacted a large number of high-quality Chinese and English subtitle translators in the company library. With high-quality translators, they can listen to the translation while working on schedule. At the same time, first, select some high-quality translators for internal testing. Understand how many frequent video listening and translation tasks can be completed by an interpreter in an average of one hour to one and a half hours, and determine the number of translators, editors, and candidate translators who will eventually need to participate in the project on-site. at the same time.
2. Sudden circumstances and actual operation from the official documents of the client:
Customers expect to publish video files with the lowest resolution and simple script reference files. At the time of official operation, the customer's lowest-definition video is still very high-definition, with one video 2.5GB of content. The transmission takes nearly an hour. This is far beyond the expected schedule and time. In order to complete in a very limited time, we first convert the original video into an audio file and send it to the resource operation, and then verify it after receiving the video file.
3. Finally, we arranged 6 translators to handle translation and timeline at the same time. Finally, the senior editor reviewed the final manuscript and submitted it to the client.
Finally, we heard positive feedback from customers. The overall quality of the manuscript was also recognized.
If you have any subtitle projects that you find difficult, please feel free to contact us. Wetranstech can always help you solve all problems!