The client is a large-scale listed company in Australia, a multimedia technology company specializing in subtitles, online subtitles, transcription, and audio description services.
Source language: Chinese (Fantasy drama in the Early Republic of China)
Target language: Spanish （Latin）
Duration: 35 episodes of TV series (about 45 minutes per episode)
Delivery time: the first three days to hand in episodes 1-8 (the correct timeline customers cannot submit the first time, and the subsequent subtitles will be modified after the content is completed.)
On the fourth day, we will hand 9-10 episodes, and on the fifth day we will have 11-12 episodes, and two episodes will be updated every week.
Delivery format: SRT and ASS files
Because it is the latest TV series that is updated online in real-time, the pre-project delivery time is very tight. We suddenly received a client project at the weekend and started.
1. Since the project came over suddenly over the weekend, the early delivery period is also very tight. The quality and selection of translators are also very tight.
2. The client needs to submit the translation of 8 episodes of TV series within the first three days, each episode is 45 minutes. In addition, the timeline given by the client is not accurate, and the correct timeline can only be given on the last day.
3. The client's target language is Latin American Spanish, and we usually find Native in the target language for subtitle translation. However, the source language of this drama is not the Chinese of modern dramas, but a script with many fantasy lines in fantasy novels in the early Republic of China. Increased the difficulty of understanding the lines in the source language.
1. After receiving the project, an internal meeting will be held immediately to set up the main person in charge of the project and the PM who assists the project at the same time to contact and screen the translators. Select suitable translators according to the client's budget and do a ten-minute test first. The official manuscript can only be arranged after the test is passed.
2. Translators who have passed the test compare the video files given by the client while typing the timeline and do the translation. Wait until the last day the customer gives the final correct timeline before relocating and adjusting ours. You can save time.
3. Since we have a very good Latin Spanish subtitle translator in-house, they are very proficient in the format requirements of the subtitles. Lived in China and his wife is a Chinese people, and worked as a Chinese teacher in Spain. So we formed a project group. The translators who passed the test included Chinese translators living in Spain and Latin American translators living in China. When encountering difficult-to-understand traditional Chinese and Latin American words with special meanings, we will discuss and confirm the best words together in the group.
4. Ensuring the uniformity of project terminology and the quality control of the overall project during the very tight delivery time is also a big problem for this TV drama subtitle translation. We have unified a terminology table within the project translator group, and each episode will update the table when new terms are encountered, and at the same time confirm whether the terms used are consistent with the table. At the same time, after each episode is finally completed, our in-house quality translator will conduct a unified inspection before handing it over to the customer.
The project finally completed the subtitle translation of 35 episodes of TV series within the client's limited budget and very tight delivery period. Customers are very satisfied with our timely delivery and quality control and thank us for all our efforts.
Teamwork is very important. Don't panic when encountering big projects. Teams should work together and carefully control all details. There are always more solutions than problems.